RS-Certified Trained AARP and VITA volunteer tax aides are available to local residents of all ages and incomes at no charge. The nation's largest, free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service is available to all individual filers regardless of income or age. If married, both husband and wife should be present. Certain forms and personal and financial documents are required.
Taxpayers must bring:
- Government Issued Photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport).
- Social Security or ITIN numbers for all taxpayers and dependents.
- Bank account/routing numbers (blank check preferable), if expecting a refund.
- All 2015 income report forms received
- SSA1099 if you were paid Social Security benefits.
- W-2(s) from your employer(s).
- W-2G from gambling winnings.
- 1099G from unemployment compensation payments.
- 1099s: Bank interest, stock dividends, retirement distributions, brokers.
Other Important Documents:
- Receipts for deductible expenses including real estate and vehicle taxes paid.
- Verification of the original purchase price of sold assets (home, stocks, etc.).
- Receipts/canceled checks if itemizing deductions (e.g., charity contributions).
- Proof of Health Insurance (Form 1095-A from Health Insurance Marketplace or private plan identification).
- Copy of last year's Federal and State tax return(s), if possible.
To make your appointment for 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m., click here.
To make your appointment for 9:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., click here.
To make your appointment for 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., click here.
To make your appointment for 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., click here.
To make your appointment for 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., click here.