June 6 through August 1 (no program on July 4)
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a summer evening. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Register here and we will let you know when the first issue arrives.
Assigned readings for June 20th from the June 10th and 17th issue:
- Page 42: Fiction: "The Children" by Andrea Lee
- Page 54: Poem: "I Wanted to Be Surprised" by Jane Hirschfield
- Page 57: Another Country: "Stonehenge" by Min Jin Lee
- Page 67: Another Country: "Hard Seat" by Jennifer Egan
- Page 72: Fiction: "Javi" by Han Ong
- Page 76: Poem: "The Ledge" by Glyn Maxwell
- Page 79: Another Country: "Poorly Mapped" by Dinaw Mengestu
- Page 82: Books: Jia Tolentino on Ocean Vuong's autofiction of immigrant life
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.