January 24 through April 4 (no program on February 14)
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savoring bites. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Please register here.
Assigned readings from the March 18th issue are:
- Page 34: Annals of Design: Rebecca Mead's "The Perfect Paint"
- Page 40: Profiles: "Something New" by Doreen St. Felix
- Page 48: Letter from Hollywood: Tad Friend's "Second Impressions"
- Page 54: Poem: "Along the East River and in the Bronx Young Men Were Singing" by Ariel Francisco
- Page 60: Fiction: "Color and Light" by Sally Rooney
- Page 64: Poem: "Bellringer" by Rita Dove
- Page 80: On Television: Emily Nussbaum on loud leading women
- Page 84: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane on "Captain Marvel" and "Tale of Tales"