June 6 through August 1 (no program on July 4)
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a summer evening. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Register here and we will let you know when the first issue arrives.
Assigned readings for July 25th from the July 22nd issue:
- Page 15: Talk of the Town: Amy Davidson Sorkin on the health-care fight
- Page 28: American Chronicles: Lizzie Presser's "The Dispossessed"
- Page 36: Profiles: "First Person" by Dana Goodyear
- Page 48: Annals of Medicine: "New Blood" by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Page 58: Fiction: "She Said He Said" by Hanif Kureishi
- Page 61: Fiction from the Archives: "Over the Moon"
- Page 62: Books: "Life with Picasso" by Alexandra Schwartz
- Page 67: Books: Adam Gopnik on aphorisms through the ages
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.