TabletWise e is an education company that provides premier online learning platform and course hosting software. With the support of our world-class instructors, TabletWise has put together a collection of over 250 free eLearning courses that library patrons can learn from at no cost. Check out that collection here!
RBdigital is offering free access to their eBook and eAudiobook collection. No library card needed! All you need to do is go to the website here, register for an account using the access code: ctstatelib20 and enjoy!
TumbleBook databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! Your patrons can read as many books as they want, when they want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly. Databases include:
- eBooks for children in grades K through 6
- K-6 Math eBooks for children in grades K through 6
- eBooks for preteens in grades 7 through 12
- eAudiobooks for all ages
Suggestions from Ms. Deirdre
If your child has been to an Early Childhood Music and Movement program at the Library, or even if your little one just likes to sing and dance, click here try some of these ways to share music with your family.
MUO is a site that has some great tips and guides on how to make he most of the internet, computer software, and mobile apps. Here are some that we particularly recommend:
- Working from home but still need to converse with colleagues? MUO has a list of the 7 Best Apps to Make Free Group Conference Calls.
- Did you read and enjoy The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up? Take that process digital and read up on the KonMari Method Applied to Your Digital Life.
- Similarly, in the growing technological age, learn about 5 Digital Habits to Cleanly Separate Your Work and Personal Life.
- Learning a language takes time and maybe you have more of that on your hands at the moment. Browse MUO's 8 Best Language Learning Apps That Really Work.
- We know that there are a lot of people accessing the Library's digital resources right now and unfortunately, they aren't always limitless. Luckily, MUO also has a list of the 10 Best Free Ebook Download Sites that you may want to check out.
- Just finished a show on Netflix or Hulu and don't know what to start next? Try one of these 6 Ways to Find Which TV Series to Binge Watch Next.
Connecticut State Library knows how lack of library access has been affecting patrons, particularly those with families. Kimberlee Powe, CT State Library's Children and YA Consultant, provided us with a collection of free resources that have been offered and that she's compiled as well as a calendar of some online events available. Check out the page here.
Enfield Public Library has also shared their list of Educational & Cultural Resources to do from home, including virtual tours of some museums and other visual learning resources.
Great Decisions Discussion Group
Sadly, we ended the series with a few meetings to go but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the videos. Foreign Policy Association has provided a digital edition release so that you can watch the videos of this year's topics from home:
- U.S. Relations with the Northern Triangle
- China's Road into Latin America
- The Philippines and the U.S.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data
Norwalk Public Schools Curriculum and Instruction team has provided fun activities, interactive online experiences and more for students of all ages. The list and links can be found here.
Norwalk Public Schools Gifted and Talented team has also developed a distance learning portal where students can access exciting activities and enrichment opportunities. There are various tabs organized by grade level and are for all students to try! Click here.