Enjoy trying out new dishes?
Interested in sharing tips on how to tweak a recipe?
Want to swap cooking or baking suggestions over a delicious meal?
then this Book Club is for you!
Each season, we will hold a session where participants select recipes from a few chosen cookbooks in the library's collection, currently on display in the library.
Then, make the dishes to bring to the library for a potluck lunch full of wonderful culinary delights, both savory and sweet.
This session, we welcome all participants to come to hear tips and tricks from our guest chef, Chelsea Danburg.
Chelsea’s passion for food is rooted in her childhood. She grew up in North Guilford, Connecticut surrounded by woods and ponds, with a huge vegetable garden and two peach trees in her family’s backyard. She experienced the tastes of perfectly ripe peaches, sugar snap peas off the vine and fresh picked asparagus. These formative food memories are at the heart of her culinary exploration today.
Chelsea majored in textile design at Rhode Island School of Design. The skills she learned are with her every time she cooks - in her consideration of color, shape, texture, and composition. The best part is, she gets to add a new design element to her culinary work: taste!
The cookbooks selected for this session include:
- From the Oven to the Table by Diana Henry
- Baking with Less Sugar by Joanne Change
- Dinner: Changing the Game by Melissa Clark
- Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over by Alison Roman
- Rustic Joyful Food: My Heart's Table by Danielle Kartes
- Homegrown: Cooking from My New England Roots by Matthew Jennings
What you need to do:
- Register here.
- Come to the library and select a recipe and let us know which one you will bring to the luncheon. Participants may make free copies of their chosen recipe at the library.
- Bring your dish on the day of the event. We can reheat in a microwave, but please have food table-ready and bring the appropriate serving utensil.
We will supply drinks and paper supplies.
Questions? Contact Ruth at email@example.com.