A program for High School Juniors
Ron Feuchs and Jackie Tepper, partners at Stand Out For College, LLC are offering and will lead this Zoom presentation to help high school juniors and their parents understand how to use the summer productively to create a compelling college application.
During this presentation, they will:
- Cover the college application process including current admissions trends, writing the personal statement essay and supplemental essays, teacher recommendations, and how students can position themselves to increase their chances for admission;
- Discuss application strategies including the advantages and disadvantages of early decision, early action, and regular decision;
- Review what factors students should consider in deciding whether or not to submit their standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) for test-optional colleges and universities;
- Examine the holistic admissions review process, what admissions officers consider important when they review applicants, and how students can position themselves to develop a compelling narrative to increase their chances for admission;
- Discuss the importance of community service, how it can provide an opportunity for personal growth and an opportunity to showcase a student’s character. (Admissions officers place great emphasis on a student’s character and how the student has been able to give back and help others.)
This program is a detailed and strategic overview of what students should focus on to make their college applications compelling.
Presentation will be conducted via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device.