Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Articles chosen from the June 8 and 15 issue for June 18:
- Page 3 -The Mail
- Page 25 - Independent People by Elizabeth Kolbert
- Page 18 - Fiction: "Pursuit as Happiness" by Ernest Hemingway
- Page 45 - Close Encounters: You Miss It When It's Gone by Bryan Washington
- Page 57 - Close Encounters: Brooklyn by Ottessa Moshfegh
- Page 72 - The disappearing fame of Longfellow by James Marcus
- Page 76 - Edward Hopper's clarity of vision by Peter Schjeldahl
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.