Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Chosen readings from the June 22 issue for July 2:
- Page 20 - The Trayvon Generation by Elizabeth Alexander
- Page 24 - The Riot Report by Jill Lepore
- Page 42 - Whose Streets by Isaac Scott with David Remnick
- Page 56 - Punishment by Pandemic by Rachel Aviv
- Page 82 - Reckoning with Flannery O'Connor's racism by Paul Elie
- Page 86 - Choreography in a socially distant world
- Page 88 - The Current Cinema: "Da 5 Bloods", "King of Staten Island"
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.