Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at email@example.com if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the October 19 issue for the October 22 meeting:
- Page 20: "Explicit Content" by Andrew Marantz
- Page 34: "The King of New York" by Nick Paumgarten
- Page 56: Fiction: "Life Without Children" by Roddy Doyle
- Page 62: The Critics: Books: Anthony Lane on John Berryman's plights and gripes
- Page 78: The Art World: Peter Schjeldahl on the Philip Guston controversy
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.