Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
Selected readings from the October 26 issue for the October 29 meeting:
- Page 16: A Reporter at Large: "Safety Last" by Eyal Press
- Page 32: Profiles: "Privacy Settings" by Anna Wiener
- Page 44: Life and Letters: "Secret Histories" by Alexis Okeowo
- Page 62: Books: Giles Harvey on All about Martin Amis
- Page 67: Books: Adam Gopnik on How the Louvre became great
- Page 74: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane on "Martin Eden" goes to Naples
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.