Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at email@example.com if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the November 9 issue for the November 12 meeting are:
- Page 18: Annals of National Security: "The Coverup" by Ronan Farrow
- Page 32: A Reporter at Large: "Gaming the Endgame" by Jane Mayer
- Page 40: Onward and Upward with the Arts: "Dancing Through the Dark" by Michael Schulman
- Page 68: The Critics: Books: Amy Davidson Sorkin on Refugees of the Second World War and after
- Page 76: The Critics: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane on "Let Him Go" and "Damnation"
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.