Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected articles from the February 8 issue are:
- Page 25: Shouts & Murmurs: "Tips for Public Speakers" by Nathan Heller
- Page 26: American Chronicles: "The Color of Money" by Kelefa Sanneh
- Page 42: Annals of Geography: "Promised Land" by David Owen
- Page 59: The Critics: Books: Louis Menand on understanding Mike Nichol's career
- Page 65: The Critics: Books: Adam Gopnik on what Lucian Freud saw in bodies
- Page 74: The Critics: On Television: Alexandra Schwartz on "Call My Agent" and "The Bureau"
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.