Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the March 8 issue:
- Page 16: Personal History: "How to Practice" by Ann Patchett
- Page 40: A Reporter at Large: "Last Exit" by Dexter Filkins
- Page 50: Fiction: "The Crooked House" by Jonathan Lethem
- Page 56: The Critics: Books: James Wood on Kazuo Ishiguro's "Klara and the Sun"
- Page 62: The Critics: Books: Casey Cep on the women of Barbizon Hotel
- Page 70: The Critics: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane on "The Father" and "I Care a Lot"
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.