Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Readings for May 14 from the May 4 issue are:
- Page 24 - After the Storm by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Page 32 - April 5, 2020: Twenty-four hours in New York's struggle
- Page 62 - Fiction: "The Wish for a Good Young Country Doctor" by Allan Gurganus
- Page 70 - Why the Kent State shootings still matter by Jill Lepore
- Page 80 - On Television: "#blackAF" by Doreen St. Felix
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.