Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the April 12 issue:
- Page 3: The Mail
- Page 18: Onward and Upward with the Arts: "This Isn't a Joke" by Alex Barasch
- Page 30: A Reporter at Large: "Ghost Walls" by Raffi Khatchadourian
- Page 56: The Critics: Books: Adam Gopnik on reassessing Helen Frankenthaler
- Page 62: The Critics: Books: Louis Menand on the Zeitgeist of "Midnight Cowboy"
- Page 71: The Critics: On Television: Hilton Als on Ken Burns and Lynn Novick's "Hemingway"
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.