Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at email@example.com if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the April 19 issue:
- Page 16: Personal History: "Tabula Rasa" by John McPhee
- Page 24: Annals of Gastronomy: "French Twist" by Lauren Collins
- Page 27: Sketchbook: "What Your Mask Says About You" by Barry Blitt
- Page 30: A Reporter at Large: "The Cluster" by D. T. Max
- Page 42: Letter from Maine: "Final Say" by Alice Gregory
- Page 48: Artifacts: "Band of Brothers" by Daniel Mendelsohn
- Page 64: The Critics: Books: Merve Emre on the rise of emotional intelligence
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.