Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the April 26 & May 3 issue:
- Page 19: The Talk of the Town: Evan Osnos on the Supreme Court's future
- Page 38: Annals of Medicine: "Mind Machines" by Christine Kenneally
- Page 70: Fiction: Margaret Atwood on "Old Babes in the Wood"
- Page 89: The Critics: Books: Amy Davidson Sorkin on what do we expect from First Ladies?
- Page 94: The Critics: The Art World: Hilton Als on Alice Neel's difficult truths
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.