Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected articles from the May 10 issue are:
- Page 18: Letter from Glasgow: "Separation Anxiety" by Sam Knight
- Page 32: A Reporter at Large: "The U.F.O. Papers" by Gideon Lewis-Kraus
- Page 48: Reflections: "Hard Labor" by Winfred Rembert
- Page 56: Fiction: "Balloons" by Thomas McGuane
- Page 63: The Critics: Books: Adam Gopnik on why we're fanatics for Proust
- Page 72: The Critics: Musical Events: Alex Ross on the New York Philharmonic performs live
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.