Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at email@example.com if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the June 7 issue are:
- Page 22: Annals of Technology: "The Go-Between" by Rachel Monroe
- Page 29: Shouts & Murmurs: "Fifty Less Punchy Ways to Leave Your Lover"
- Page 30: American Chronicles: "Death of a Hospital" by Chris Pomorski
- Page 44: Poems: "The Great Confinement" by Sandy Solomon
- Page 50: The Sporting Scene: "Change Agent" by Isaac Chotiner
- Page 55: Poems: "Spring" by Ishion Hutchinson
- Page 76: The Critics: Books: Louis Menand on an exploration of America's taste through its best-sellers
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.