Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the June 14 issue:
- Page 30: The Ancient World: "How Nasty Was Nero?" by Rebecca Mead
- Page 34: A Reporter At Large: " An Act of God" by Jon Lee Anderson
- Page 46: Dept. of Returns: "Sitting with Strangers" by Adam Gopnik
- Page 54: Fiction: "Foster" by Bryan Washington
- Page 72: "The Critics: Books: Adam Kirsch on the oral origins of Homeric epic
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.