Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at email@example.com if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the June 21 issue are:
- Page 5: The Mail
- Page 26: Onward and Upward with the Arts: "Opus One" by Alex Ross
- Page 32: A Reporter at Large: "Year of the Bunny Hill" by Peter Hessler
- Page 42: Profiles: "L'Homme du Jour" by Lauren Collins
- Page 58: The Critics: Books: Elizabeth Kolbert on unknown treasures on the ocean floor
- Page 70: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane on "In the Heights" and "Undine"
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.