Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the July 12 & 19 issue:
- Page 30: Letter from Minneapolis: "The Free State of George Floyd" by Jelani Cobb
- Page 35: Growing Pains: "The Buffalo Robe and the Radio" by Sterling HolyWhiteMountain
- Page 42: Personal History: "Duplex" by Anthony Veasna So
- Page 49: Growing Pains: "Lone Star" by David Wright Faladé
- Page 69: Growing Pains: "Haunted House" by Emma Cline
- Page 74: The Critics: Books: Kathryn Schulz on the pitfalls of contemporary nature writing
- Page 81: The Critics: Books: Anthony Lane on Ivor Gurney's poems, music, and troubles
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.