Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the October 4 issue:
- Page 20 - The Antagonist: The painter Neo Rauch's place in Germany by Thomas Meaney
- Page 34 - The Underworld: Finding justice for African American hallowed ground by Jill Lepore
- Page 46 - A Straight Line in the Darkness: The diaries of a young writer by Patricia Highsmith
- Page 62 - Jonathan Franzen's "Crossroads" by Kathryn Schulz
- Page 69 - The fictional optimism of Anthony Doerr by James Wood
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.