Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Selected readings from the October 11 issue for the October 14 meeting:
- Page 22 - Annals of Science: "Green Dream" by Rivka Galchen
- Page 30 - American Chronicles: "Hollywood on Trial" by Michael Schulman
- Page 36 - A Reporter at Large: "The Dead Ship" by Ed Caesar
- Page 65 - The Critics: The Art World: Peter Schjeldahl on Jasper John's inexhaustibility, in a huge retrospective
- Page 67 - The Critics: Books: Claire Bucknell on a new biography of Oscar Wilde by
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.