Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to "meet up" with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, stay tuned for the list of the articles to be discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Register here!
Selected articles from the February 7 issue:
- Page 16 - Onward and Upward with the Arts: The Fairy-Tale War by Anna Holmes
- Page 24 - Personal History: Tabula Rasa by John McPhee
- Page 47 - Poem: "Snapdragons at the Market" by Lee Upton
- Page 54 - Poem: "The Mower" by Jay Fielden
- Page 60 - Books: A history of Method acting by Alexandra Schwartz
- Page 66 - Books: Chuck Klosterman's "The Nineties" by Frank Guan
- Page 74 - The Current Cinema: "Sundown" and a season of New York films by Anthony Lane
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.