Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to “meet up” with interesting individuals to talk about current events and upcoming museum exhibits worth a look while in the comfort of your own home. If so, the list of the articles to be discussed is below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t subscribe to your own copy of the magazine and we can help. Register here.
Chosen articles from the June 8 & 15 issue for the June 25 meeting are:
- Page 32 - The Making of Americans by Hua Hsu
- Page 40 - Fiction: "Confessions of a Shinagawa Monkey" by Haruki Murakami
- Page 48 - Fiction: "White Noise" by Emma Cline
- Page 21 - Close Encounters: Praying by Miranda July
- Page 29 - Close Encounters: Breaking Stride by Matthew Klam
- Page 62 - A new biography of Andy Warhol by Joan Acocella
- Page 69 - Megha Majumar's "A Burning" by James Wood
- Page 80 - The Current Cinema: "Shirley", "The Vast of the Night" by Anthony Lane
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.