January 5 through February 23
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a crisp winter evening. If so, check out the selected articles to be discussed below. The magazine issue is on us. Pick up your copy at the library!
Register for the Winter 2023 series here!
Selected articles from the January 23 issue for the January 26 discussion:
- Page 16 - The Swamp: Murder and corruption in the Murdaugh family by James Lasdun
- Page 24 - Build Better: Can 3-D printing help solve the housing crisis? by Rachel Monroe
- Page 50: Fiction: "Wednesday's Child" by Yiyun Li
- Page 58 - Books: Prince Harry's memoir "Spare" by Rebecca Mead
- Page 67 - Books: Sexual dissidence in the Victorian era by Nikhil Krishnan
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.
Online and hybrid programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.