January 30 through March 19
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a winter evening. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Pick up your copy at the library today!
Chosen readings from the February 17th and 24th issue for the February 20th meeting are:
- Page 32: Annals of Nature: Betting the Farm
- Page 60: Letter from Arles: Living Proof by Lauren Collins
- Page 72: Fiction: "With the Beatles" by Haruki Marukami
- Page 87: Books: Life under Vesuvius by Joan Acocella
- Page 91: Books: James Wood on Daniel Kehlmann's mythical trickster
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.