One of the trickiest parts of starting any business is choosing the right name. You need to be sure your name can be trademarked and that you can build a killer Internet and social media presence around it. It gets even trickier with multiple brands, or when the name that appears on your products and services is different from your company name. You'll learn:
- The five steps you must follow in selecting a name for your business.
- “Common law” trademarks vs. “registered” trademarks.
- Federal vs. state trademarks vs. service marks.
- When can a name be trademarked?
- What do you do when your name cannot be trademarked?
- What to do if you receive a nasty “cease and desist” letter from someone that has a similar name.
Our Speaker Cliff Ennico (www.cliffennico.com), a nationally recognized authority on legal issues in small business, is best known as the former host of MONEYHUNT, the PBS television series. His weekly business advice column appears in dozens of major newspapers and small business websites throughout North America. He is a frequent contributor to Entrepreneur and other small business magazines, has hosted over 100 videos on YouTube, and is the author of 16 books on entrepreneurship and career management.
Webinar will be conducted via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device.