The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in lots of businesses available for sale, many at bargain prices. But choosing and buying a business can be challenging, especially when a business’ past performance may not accurately predict its future return on investment. Therefore, it’s important to do your homework before making an offer to buy a business.
Attendees will learn:
- How to choose the right business to buy and determine the right purchase price;
- When to buy the assets of a business, and when to buy the owner’s stock;
- The most common items to negotiate in the purchase agreement;
- How to conduct “due diligence” before closing the purchase;
- How to avoid liability for sales and other state and local taxes;
- Some creative ways to finance the purchase of a business
Our Presenter Cliff Ennico (www.cliffennico.com), a nationally recognized small business legal and tax expert, is best known as the former host of MONEYHUNT on PBS, where entrepreneurs defended their business plans before America's toughest panel of experts. An attorney and small business consultant based in Fairfield, CT, he has helped launch over 15,000 businesses. He is the author of 16 books, most recently “The Crowdfunding Handbook: How to Raise Capital for Your Business Using Equity Funding Portals”.
Webinar will be conducted via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device.