May 11 through June 29
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a refreshing spring evening. If so, check out the selected articles to be discussed below. The magazine issue is on us.
Register for each remaining week of the Spring 2023 series below:
Selected articles from the June 5 issue for the June 8 meeting:
- Page 18 – Annals of Music: The Trials of Ed Sheeran by John Seabrook
- Page 60 – Fiction: “Do You Love Me?” by Hila Blum
- Page 69 – Books: Joanna Biggs explores the lives of nine women writers by Lauren Michele-Jackson
- Page 75 – The success and failure of libertarianism in America by Benjamin Wallace-Wells
- Page 80 – The beautiful mystery of Paul Simon’s “Seven Psalms”
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.
Online and hybrid programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.