May 11 through June 29
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a refreshing spring evening. If so, check out the selected articles to be discussed below. The magazine issue is on us.
Register for each remaining week of the Spring 2023 series below:
Selected articles from the May 22 issue for the May 25 meeting:
- Page 15 – The Talk of the Town: Jeannie Suk Gersen on Clarence Thomas and ethics
- Page 20 – Our Local Correspondents: The Revolving Door by Adam Iscoe
- Page 28 – The World of Fashion: The Bling King by Naomi Fry
- Page 56 – Fiction: “Long Island” by Nicole Krauss
- Page 60 – Poem: “The MRI” by Paul Muldoon
- Page 64 – Books: The case against cars by Adam Gopnik
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.
Online and hybrid programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.