January 18th through March 7th
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a chilly winter evening.
The magazine issue is on us. Selected articles from the February 12th & 19th issue for the February 15th meeting:
- Page 14 – The Talk of the Town: Pro-Whistling
- Page 26 – The Friendship Challenge: On rivalry between girls by Mary Gaitskill
- Page 50 – The Art of Change: Thelma Golden and the transformation of the Studio Museum by Calvin Tomkins
- Page 62 – Last Resort: Inside a late-term abortion clinic by Maggie Shannon with Margaret Talbot
- Page 89 – Books: What Baruch Spinoza teaches us by Adam Kirsch
- Page 96 – On Television: Capote among the swans by Inkoo Kang
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.