September 26 through November 21 (no session on October 31)
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, well-written without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events or upcoming museum exhibits worth a look, all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Register here and we will let you know when the issue arrives.
Readings for November 21 from the November 18th issue:
- Page 24: Personal History: “The Final Frontier” by Michael Chabon
- Page 30: Letter from Indiana: “Crises of Choice” by Eliza Griswold
- Page 36: Profiles: “The Pivotal Justice” by Margaret Talbot
- Page 62: Fiction: “The Trip” by Weike Wang
- Page 68: The Critics: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane “Ford v Ferrari” and “Doctor Sleep”
- Page 76: The Theatre: Vinson Cunningham by Tina Turner’s life, on Broadway
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.