Enjoy trying out new dishes?
Interested in sharing tips on how to tweak a recipe?
Want to swap cooking or baking suggestions over a delicious meal?
then this Book Club is for you!
Each season, we will hold a session where participants select recipes from a few chosen cookbooks in the library's collection.
Then, make the dishes to bring to the library for a potluck lunch full of wonderful culinary delights, both savory and sweet.
This session, we welcome all participants to come to hear tips and tricks from our guest chef, Chelsea Danburg.
Chelsea’s passion for food is rooted in her childhood. She grew up in North Guilford, Connecticut surrounded by woods and ponds, with a huge vegetable garden and two peach trees in her family’s backyard. She experienced the tastes of perfectly ripe peaches, sugar snap peas off the vine and fresh picked asparagus. These formative food memories are at the heart of her culinary exploration today.
Chelsea majored in textile design at Rhode Island School of Design. The skills she learned are with her every time she cooks - in her consideration of color, shape, texture, and composition. The best part is, she gets to add a new design element to her culinary work: taste!
**The cookbooks for this session are to be announced soon**
- New England Invite: Fresh Feasts to Savor the Seasons by Kate Bowler
- Jubilee: Recipes from Two Centuries of African-American Cooking by Toni Tipton-Marti
- At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking by Nigella Lawson
- Mostly Plants: 101 Delicious Flexitarian Recipes from the Pollan Family by Tracy Pollan
- Easy Soups from Scratch with Quick Breads to Match: 70 Recipes to Pair and Share by Ivy Manning
What you need to do:
- Register here.
- Come to the library and select a recipe and let us know which one you will bring to the luncheon. Participants may make free copies of their chosen recipe at the library.
- Bring your dish on the day of the event. We can reheat in a microwave, but please have food table-ready and bring the appropriate serving utensil.
We will supply drinks and paper supplies.
Questions? Contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.