Enjoy trying out new dishes?
Interested in sharing tips on how to tweak a recipe?
Want to swap cooking or baking suggestions over a delicious meal?
then this Book Club is for you!
Each season, we will hold a session where participants select recipes from a few chosen cookbooks in the library's collection.
Then, make the dishes to bring to the library for a potluck lunch full of wonderful culinary delights, both savory and sweet.
This session, we welcome all participants to come to hear tips and tricks from our guest chef, Kerry McFarlin. The emphasis will be on maximizing what you can bring to the table from your pantry and freezer.
Kerry is the embodiment of fun with food. She trained under an array of accomplished chefs which inspired her passion for the culinary arts and motivated her to take an assortment of courses at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. Most recently she received the qualification of Certified Health Coach, with additional certificates in Gut Health and Detoxing Your Life from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
Kerry is a lifelong resident of Rowayton, CT where she has enjoyed using her event planning skills to lead civic events ranging from carnivals and fireworks to evening galas. She has a flair for organizing all things fun and festive.
Joining Kerry is another lifelong resident of Rowayton, Ruth Freeman. Ruth is an avid home cook, baker, and herb gardener.
The cookbooks selected for this session include:
- Cook As You Are: Recipes for Real Life, Hungry Cooks and Messy Kitchens by Ruby Tandoh
- Live to Eat: Cooking the Mediterranean Way by Michael Psilakis
- Bliss on Toast by Prue Leith
- Smitten Kitchen Keepers: New Classics for Your Forever by Deb Perelman
- Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season by Christopher Kimball
- Food52 recipes (www.food52.com/recipes)
What you need to do:
- Register here.
- Come to the library and select a recipe and let us know which one you will bring to the luncheon. Participants may make free copies of their chosen recipe at the library.
- Bring your dish and a copy of your recipe (annotated, if applicable) on the day of the event. We can reheat in a microwave, but please have food table-ready and bring the appropriate serving utensil.
We will supply liquid refreshments and paper supplies.
Questions? Contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.