Library Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
Rowayton Library is seeking a creative, energetic, and enthusiastic part-time library circulation assistant. A successful candidate must be a reliable, self-motivated team player, who is also able to work independently, has an engaging attitude, and enjoys working with patrons of all ages.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service at the circulation desk,
- Checking items in and out,
- Answering the telephone,
- Shelving materials and pulling materials for hold requests,
- Providing reader advisory assistance for patrons,
- Registering patrons,
- Answering patron inquiries,
- Assisting patrons with access to the collection and resources, and
- Providing technology assistance with public computers and digital content.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with the ILS Evergreen preferred
- Demonstrated ability of delivering excellent customer service
- Knowledge of literature and reading interests
- Ability to think on your feet, manage time well, multi-task, and work with frequent interruptions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Mondays and Wednesdays 1 to 5 p.m.,
- Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and
- Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hours are subject to adjustment pending COVID-19 protocol changes. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. The ability to fill-in and cover for other shifts when needed will be an important consideration.