January 30 through March 19
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a winter evening. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Pick up your copy at the library today!
Chosen readings from the March 9th issue for the March 12th meeting are:
- Page 25: The Talk of the Town: Jill Lepore on the problem with the polls
- Page 30: Complete Trash: Composting and the sustainable city by Rivka Galchen
- Page 38: Exodus: Weimar intellectuals in Los Angeles
- Page 56: Test Case: A way of getting kids of color into prep schools
- Page 68: Fiction: “Night Swim” by Anne Enright
- Page 75: The return of Thomas Picketty
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.