January 18th through March 7th
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a chilly winter evening.
The magazine issue is on us. Selected articles from the January 22 issue for the January 25 meeting:
- Page 12 - Detail Oriented: Jacqueline Novak's precision comedy by Carrie Battan
- Page 20 - Do No Harm: An addiction initiative in Oregon by E. Tammy Kim
- Page 26 - Hostages: As Gaza burns, Netanyahu clings to power by David Remnick
- Page 55 - Can I.P. survive A.I.? by Louis Menand
- Page 61 - Books: What were witch trials really about? by Rivka Galchen
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.