Children’s Library Assistant (Part-time)
Rowayton Library is seeking a creative, energetic, tech-savvy individual to join our public services team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, promote and conduct programs for children, parents and caregivers
- Provide reader advisory assistance for children, parents and caregivers
- Provide excellent customer service at circulation desk
- Provide technology assistance with public computers and digital content
- Conduct neighborhood outreach to nursery and elementary schools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior recent experience providing creative STEAM programs and services to children ages birth to 12 years old
- Experience conducting programs for parents and caregivers
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop and social media
- Demonstrated ability of delivering excellent customer service
- Knowledge of children’s literature and reading interests
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Successful candidate must be a reliable, self-motivated team player with an engaging attitude who enjoys working with patrons of all ages. This is a 12-16 hour per week position with occasional weekend and evening hours. Starting salary $15-18 per hour dependent on experience and qualifications.
Email resume, cover letter, and Application for Employment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.