September 26 through November 21 (no session on October 31)
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, well-written without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events or upcoming museum exhibits worth a look, all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites. If so, stop by the library and find out what selections are being discussed. The magazine issue is on us. Register here and we will let you know when the issue arrives.
Readings for November 14 from the November 4th issue:
- Page 18: Personal History: Letter from the U.K.: “The Long Goodbye” by Sam Knight
- Page 58: Fiction: “God’s Caravan” by Tiphanie Yanique
- Page 66: The Critics: The Current Cinema: Anthony Lane on “The Irishman”
- Page 78: The Theatre: Vinson Cunningham on Ntozake Shange’s masterpiece revived
Readings for November 14 from the November 11th issue:
- Page 36: Personal History: “The Symptoms” by Nick Paumgarten (optional read)
- Page 40: Letter from the Amazon: “Blood Gold” by Jon Lee Anderson
- Page 69: The Critics: Books: Robert Gottlieb on Booth Tarkington’s forgotten reputation
- Page 76: The Critics: Books: Pankaj Mishra on the Economist as liberal lodestar
- Page 82: The Critics: Books: Dan Chiasson on the poetry of Charles Wright
New Photo Release Policy effective February 1, 2019. See here for details.