January 18th through March 7th
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a chilly winter evening.
The magazine issue is on us.
Selected articles from the January 15th issue for the January 18th discussion:
- Page 12 - The Long Way: Tales of a teen-age wanderer by Jon Lee Anderson
- Page 20 - Showing Up: How should we tackle school absenteeism? by Alec MacGillis
- Page 50 - Empire as seen by Frantz Fanon and Ian Fleming by Daniel Immerwahr
- Page 34 - Shamelessly Dramatic: The playwright Branden Jacobs-Jenkins by Julian Lucas
- Page 58 - Bijayini Satpathy and Indian classical dance by Jennifer Homans
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.