January 18th through March 7th
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a chilly winter evening.
The magazine issue is on us. Selected articles from the February 26ht issue for the February 29th meeting:
- Page 7 and 8 - Talk of the Town: Dhruv Khullar on the issue of President Biden's age, and the essence of Gwyneth
- Page 12 - In the Weeds: The lows of trying to sell legal marijuana in New York by Jia Tolentino
- Page 20 - Skin in the Game: The market for one-of-a-kind snakes by Rebecca Giggs
- Page 28 - The Chaos Agent: How Matt Gaetz has thrived in a dysfunctional Congress by Dexter Filkins
- Page 63 - Books: Looking back at 2020 by Adam Gopnik
- Page 68 - Books: The book during centuries of wartime by Claudia Roth Pierpont
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.