January 18th through March 7th
Maybe you already have a subscription but only consistently glance at the cartoons? Or perhaps you yearn for in-depth reporting, written well without the prefab soundbites of TV news? Or you might just like to meet up with interesting individuals to talk about current events, the latest big hit on Broadway, upcoming museum exhibits worth a look all while enjoying a sip of wine and savory bites on a chilly winter evening.
The magazine issue is on us. Selected articles from the February 5th issue for the February 8th meeting:
- Page 7 - Talk of the Town: Amy Davidson Sorkin on the Trump veepstakes
- Page 12 - Letter from Vermont: A Slippery Slope by Sheelah Kolhatkar
- Page 20 - The Control of Nature: Burn Notice by Elizabeth Kolbert
- Page 24 - Annals of Music: The Next Scene by John Seabrook
- Page 34 - A Reporter at Large: Democracy in Darkness by Masha Gessen
Online programs hosted by the library will be provided via Zoom. Visit their website here to find the appropriate download instructions and download link for your device. Registration for all programs is required. Participants who register for any program will receive an email with the link to join.
View our Photo Release Policy, effective since February 1, 2019, here.